Podcast have really changed the way I think about my spare time. It has helped me to grow in my knowledge of God as well as in my discernment. And all this in time that is usually wasted thinking about nothing. Try it out and see how this tool can be used to really stretch your thinking. If your podcasts are downloaded they are perfect to listen to in various situations:
- Work Outs
- Any time that you have doing nothing
A mix of various podcasts, from sermons to topical talks. Just a note, although these podcasts do come highly recommended by various Christians from my experience one must just always be watchful for teaching or views that could be controversial. Like we always say check this up with the ultimate authority the Bible.
- The Briefing – Al Molher
- The Gospel Coalition
- The Gosple Coalition – Word of the week
- The Gosple Coalition – Help me teach the bible
- Sermon of the day – Desiring God
- Thinking in public – Albert Mohler
- 5 minutes in Church History – Steven Nicols
- Signposts - Russel Moore
- Rainer on leadership - Tom Rainer
- 5 Leadership Questions – Todd Adkins and Barnabas Piper
- Systematic Theology – Wayne Grudem
- Renewing your Mind – R C Sprowl
- 9Marks Interviews - 9Marks
- Center for Christian Living podcast
- Culture Matters - The Village Church
- Exploring My Strange Bible - Tim Mackie
- Hinge - Curios Media
- Knowing Faith - The Village Church
- Pastors's Talk - 9Marks
- Solid Joys Daily Devotional - Desiring God
- The Art of Godliness - Tim Challis
- Word Matters - Brandon Smith and Trevin Wax
There are many more podcast that God uses to edify His people, please contact me to add them to the list
IOS – Apple podcast player works well, i’ve heard
Android – Podcast addict works well for me. Can be set to download over night and be ready for the day. Speed can be set as well, I listen to my podcast at x1.3. Some people just speak too slow.
Sermons are a great way for us to be interacting with God's word, to love and savor Jesus. The following three sermon libraries have helped me a lot in understanding the scriptures and also the helping me apply it.
- St Helens media
- Desiring God
- The Gospel Coalition
There are many more sermon libraries that can be used, I have however never not found a helpful sermon on a topic from at least one of these. Please contact me if you feel any sermon libraries are to be added to the list.
Why - Listening to to audiobooks has helped me work through certain topics for a longer period of time, that I would not have been able to do with podcasts and sermons.
Audiobooks can be found at the following websites:
- Christian Audio – Free Audiobook every month
- Librivox – Free audiobooks for old Christian Books
- Audible - Most Christian audiobooks can be found here